VHEMBE TVET COLLEGE
work intergrated learning is an umbrella term for any purposefully designed learning programme that integrated theoretical knowledge with authentic or practical work.
To obtain relevant working experience in a suitable workplace to the course of study as required by DHET and also confirm students competence which will also enhance their employability.
Types of placement
- Student are to be exposed to the world of work.This placement is ongoing and is for short period of time (5-10 days).
- Internships 18 months to 2 years
- This exposure enables the student to develop occupational competence in the workplace and on completion they can be able to apply for a national diploma from DHET.
Benefit of WIL
- Exposure to up-to date systems, practices and technology and to a wider range of real work
Examples of Tasks
- Development of entrepreneurial ability
- Enhanced employability through being orientated by industry representatives to workplace culture and ethics
- Increased opportunities for workplace exposure and employer contacts
- Obtaining respective National N-Diplomas
- Access to a pool of prospective employees
- Opportunities to influence the content and methodology of college curricula
- SARS tax rebates
- Obtain BBBEE points
- Addressing scare and critical skills in the sector